Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Irony

 Irony - incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result.


That came straight from Merriam Webster himself.  When I moved to Mexico from Iowa, I thought I would be warm all year.  Except for one skiing excursion per year, I HATE cold weather.   So tell me why I am freezing my ass off in thick socks, booties, sweatshirt and pants, under 3 blankets?  That's because when the thermometer dips below 40 degrees (aka 4 degrees in Celsius), it is actually COLDER inside Mexican homes.  I have not seen a Mexican home with central heat yet. 


Ya'll northerners can feel sorry for me now.  I'm fixin' to run for the border this weekend to find some heat... inside my parent's house. 

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it terrible that it's colder inside our houses than outside? The problem in GDL is that it's freezing in the morning, then it gets hot in the afternoon and as soon as the sun goes down, it's freezing again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same thing here in Cuautla, Morelos. Burning hot during the day and freezing cold at night. And I wonder why my kids have had a runny nose for over a month now???? Try to stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! I found you in blog world. How cool. Yes, I am so happy that my husband talked me into bringing the winter clothes because I thought, Mexico, it's always hot, who needs a winter coat? Yeah right, I need a coat in my kitchen and a winter hat to sleep in!?!?

    ReplyDelete