Thursday, October 25, 2012

Dollar General

**UPDATE TO THE UPDATE**  I did get a response and denial of my request which consists mainly of BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, GET LOST YOURSELF:

Dear Ms. Gervais,Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate the opportunity to review your request and we do hope if Suki has not yet returned that she will soon.  While we do understand the importance of your efforts, regretfully, we must decline Dollar General’s participation. We receive an overwhelming number of requests to place flyers in our stores and since space is limited and we are unable to accommodate every request, it is our policy to only allow Dollar General sponsored flyers and signs in our stores. We appreciate you taking the time to write.  You are a valued customer here at Dollar General.

Kind regards,

Marsha Murrow
Customer Relations Supervisor
Dollar General Corporation


**UPDATE**   Neighbor called in cat sighting and pointed Andrew in the general direction. Andrew was able to pull Suki from the drain by reaching in and grabbing her collar. She's home now and eating like a pig. From this day forward she will be know as SFB (sh!t for brains).  Still no response from Dollar General but I'll give them until tomorrow to see if they have something nice to say.


Dear Dollar General,

I have been a customer at the Marion store at 1135 East Post Road, Marion, Iowa for almost a year.  I moved here last January to care for my nephews, ages 14 and 8, after they became orphaned. Both parents died tragically in two separate car accidents. We're all still adjusting and trying to heal from our situation.  After the death of my sister, my nephews were given a cat which they named Suki.  She is strictly an indoor cat.  We don't know how it happened, but Suki went missing either late October 23 or early on the 24th. We have posted flyers on our community mailbox and the US Post Office has no problem with that.  I went to our nearby Dollar General store to ask the if we could post a flyer.  I've seen flyers there before for missing pets. The clerk said she would call the manager and the manager told her we could not post a flyer.  That seems heartless to me especially since it would not cost Dollar General a dime.  I did not get a chance to speak with the manager or I would have asked what policy does Dollar General have against posting a flyer for a missing pet? It's not as if we are making money like proceeds from a garage sale or advertising for anything. We just want our Suki back.  Many people from the neighborhood shop at this store. We thought it would be a good way to get the word out especially since many of the customers live in nearby apartments and walk to the store. Perhaps they may see our cat while they are walking.  I would also like to add the clerk at the store was very kind and asked for a flyer even though she was not allowed to display it. 

I am writing to you hoping that we will be allowed to put up our flyer. I am sure that under the circumstances I listed above, the manager can be persuaded to reverse his/her decision. I will post updates about Dollar General's response on my blog at http://imustbecrazytoliveinmexico.blogspot.com/ and my Facebook.

I appreciate your prompt attention. Thank you.

Rita Gervais 


6 comments:

  1. Hope they let you post the flyer....That's heartless if they don't.

    Suerte!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got our Suki back because our neighbors spotted her and called us, thank goodness.

      Delete
  2. Wow! I'm disappointed in Dollar General! Glad you found Suki. Sad to see how heartless Dollar General is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suki, Queen of Sheba, got out again last night. Luckily, I was passing out candy when I saw her in front of the house. That cat is using up her 9 lives. If curiosity didn't kill the cat, I surely will.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you got Suki back but I'm very disappointed that Dollar General declined your request.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you found your pretty kitty!
    Well, and I guess we have all learned quite a bit about Dollar General's stance towards its customers and community.

    ReplyDelete