Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Miss Daisy Dog's Eating Ritual


Picture this... you make yourself a meal, set the table, pour the drinks, dish out the dinner portions on your plates, and then using your mouth, scoop up a few bits and place them on the carpet to eat. OK, so my dog doesn't pour drinks or set the table, but she does have quite an eating routine.  It might start with the cat venturing too close to the food bowl.  The cat does not touch the dog's food, but this will prompt a feeding frenzy. "Grrr, grrrr", she says as Mr. Sam Katze gets too close the meal. Then Miss Daisy Dog scoops up 4-5 pieces of dog food, removes them to the carpet, and spits out the bits to eat one at a time.  I don't get it. The cat doesn't have a problem with eating over his bowl. 



But at least this habit isn't disgusting like a few others Miss Daisy Dog has committed in the past.  She's been called a few things like "tampon breath" and "cat shit breath" just to name a couple.  Eeeeeewwwwww!  I hope ya'll weren't eating or about to eat. 

6 comments:

  1. http://news.discovery.com/animals/pets-dogs-imitate-people.html#mkcpgn=rssnws1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our dog used to do the same thing...take out a few kibbles and eat them from the floor, until his bowl was empty. Now he's on meds that makes him ravenous. He inhales his food so fast I don't think he even tastes it on its way down. And we've called him dog shit breath...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tampon breath hahaha! Well my dogs have chewed my underwear, so I won't judge.

    As far as dog food goes, Daisy sounds like quite the dainty eater. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha - tampon breath??I don't even wanna know!!

    I think that must be a dog thing...my two dogs do this, and my parents dog used to as well!!!

    We call my retriever dragon breath...hahaha..tampon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dog does the exact same thing! He grabs a couple of pebbles moves a couple of feet away and settles to enjoy. :\ LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Jack Russells always spit their kibble out on the rug and ate them one-by-one. Such endearing behavior.

    ReplyDelete